ST. PAUL, Minn. – The Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA) is seeking members for a new task force charged with examining ways to create a surplus agricultural donation program. The nine-member Feeding Minnesota Task Force will advise the MDA on the consumption of Minnesota grown produce by facilitating the donation of harvested products to charities that provide food for hungry people in Minnesota.
MDA is seeking candidates that meet the following qualifications:
* one member representing a food bank organization
* two members representing food producer and grower organizations
* one member representing the Minnesota Farmers Market Association
* one member representing Minnesota higher education institutions
* one member representing the food transportation industry
* two members representing statewide agricultural organizations
* one member representing food processors
The task force applications are available on the Minnesota Secretary of State web site. The application deadline is July 28, 2009. Interested parties should apply directly to the Secretary of State’s office at http://www.sos.state.mn.us/home/index.asp?page=306.
CONTACT: Margaret Hart, Communications Coordinator, 651-201-6131